PDA

View Full Version : Sibei sianz with life.. non-relationship stuff

ilurbu
20-06-2009, 12:00 AM
Having been retrenched for months on end, I cannot bear but continue to grit my teeth, tighten my belt and swallow my pride.. I have succumbed to accepting monetary gifts from my gf, asking for help from my parents and teaching English for $20/hr.

I have many plans ranging from photographic practices, car modification garages, nanotechnology programs but all requiring relatively massive amounts of greenbacks in these economically confused times.

Confused because people are not even sure what the hell's going on. Like drones, they repeat "downturn, recession, economic disaster, financial tsunami", I wonder if they know that certain aspects of life doesn't need to change and many more aspects of operations do not need serious sacrifices? I might sound like I say this in spite but I suppose I'm not for one to judge since I'm on the receiving end of the downsizing hammer.

Distribution of wealth is never fair and how can we obtain an edge? That is the proverbial million dollar question. There are people poorer than I am, richer than I am.. everybody's shit is worse than the next one in line.

Thanks to SBF, I'm just popping by for a rant...

andyk
20-06-2009, 12:14 AM
Having been retrenched for months on end, I cannot bear but continue to grit my teeth, tighten my belt and swallow my pride.. I have succumbed to accepting monetary gifts from my gf, asking for help from my parents and teaching English for $20/hr.

I have many plans ranging from photographic practices, car modification garages, nanotechnology programs but all requiring relatively massive amounts of greenbacks in these economically confused times.

Confused because people are not even sure what the hell's going on. Like drones, they repeat "downturn, recession, economic disaster, financial tsunami", I wonder if they know that certain aspects of life doesn't need to change and many more aspects of operations do not need serious sacrifices? I might sound like I say this in spite but I suppose I'm not for one to judge since I'm on the receiving end of the downsizing hammer.

Distribution of wealth is never fair and how can we obtain an edge? That is the proverbial million dollar question. There are people poorer than I am, richer than I am.. everybody's shit is worse than the next one in line.

=> Sori to read your post,BRO ! Hang in there ok ! U are definitely somebody since your gal fren & parent love U so much ! Why not plan how to spend Father's Day this weekend ? Enjoy ! Andyk

ilurbu
20-06-2009, 12:17 AM
Oh.. just another one to share with you guys here..

I remember the first time I had a Wall's Magnum ice cream stick. Smooth Belgian dark chocolate crisp over a frozen vanilla centre. I saved up 2 day's worth of lunch money for it. I remembered it well.. $2.40 mind you. I ran to the nearby provision shop just outside the school's sidegate during a mid-morning recess. Encased in it's glorious golden foil, I trembled with anticipation after weeks of ruthless television marketing bombardment. The Magnum crackled as I gingerly opened the correct end of its packaging. I was greeted with a generous rounded handle with its name pyrographed proudly right in the middle.

In the hot tropical afternoon, the chocolate coating promptly began to sweat and that worried me deeply. I took a careful bite and felt the thicker than others chocolate coating break away. The reverse slab fell off completely and beyond the speed of my reflexes, met the drab concrete floor. My 13 year old heart sank. It was the singular most traumatic event that a frozen confectionery has ever inflicted upon me. Till this day, I eat Magnums with vigour and conviction.

ilurbu
20-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Thank you Bro AndyK for your kind words.

I can only surmise that the air must be nice up there where you are... :) I was further up north for the past 3 years and I'm still looking for opportunities to get back to the "real" motherland capital. hehe..

DO_YOU_BJ
20-06-2009, 12:46 AM
Life...what is life?
Life is what you want & obtaining wealth and your every desire????
That makes you complete?
Health is wealth..and most importantly, the one most important aspect that completes your wealth , is your family.
Many people seek false wealth and thus, they are never contented.
Look in, not out to seek your fulfillment and you wont feel so empty.
As to a job and starting a new biz, this is all in the mind & how you actually place them strategically to get your funds rolling in will depend on your own self.
I know people who lost their jobs for almost 4yrs, couldnt get 1 in the 1st 2 and was almost devastated by their self pity and low morale.....
But this bloke forgot, his wife works, still encourages him and never once looked down on him, his mother buys makan for him everyday for breakfast & lunch...not forgetting, the wife still puts 10bucks in his wallet everyday afraid he might need it for something.....fyi, his wife only draws 3k a month.....but why only he feel pity for himself?????
EGO dude...EGO......this is what makes a man & what destroys a man......
If you're so enterprising, try freelancing, it'll definitely pay more than being on a salary, of cos, that's if you really got the stuff......
My last piece of advise to you is something I've posted here thousands of times already & trust me, someone in your mental state should engrave it in your mind.....
什么都是死的,人是活的!
If you can understand this, nothing will bother you anymore.....
Take care my friend, you choose to lead your life, but life can never make you choose what you dun wanna......

ilurbu
20-06-2009, 01:15 AM
真谢兄台良言,

I will heed them well. I do look for fulfillment but alas, fellow humans do fail us as they lose faith in you.

And as you said it, I am alive and I am indeed freelancing now. Guess I'm just jaded by the fragility of human faith in one another.

命运虽然在我手中但缘分只能可愿不可求。。 我已想开所以不会再忧郁了。。

DO_YOU_BJ
20-06-2009, 01:24 AM
Read the last sentence of my siggy dude.....
That will determine what you mean by fate.....
Seek for self reliance and not reliance for acceptance from others....
Seek for self acceptance and not from others.....
People who live like these, tons around actually, live not for themselves but for others.....
Boils down to self fulfillment again.....

Flinger2
20-06-2009, 01:41 AM
Read the last sentence of my siggy dude.....
That will determine what you mean by fate.....
Seek for self reliance and not reliance for acceptance from others....
Seek for self acceptance and not from others.....
People who live like these, tons around actually, live not for themselves but for others.....
Boils down to self fulfillment again.....

Hi, I can't read the golden rules, can you decipher them for me please. thank you. appreciate it.

miloluv
20-06-2009, 01:46 AM
haiz.. true.. makes me the realise that the simplest and closest things in life are the most easily forgotten ones.. even though was a victim but sometimes an arm around my shoulders and soothing words makes me feel that long forgotten warmthness of someone that really cares.. i may be down but not out, if my family do not give up on me, i should not too..
I am touched by your words and advice bro..

Life...what is life?
That makes you complete?
Health is wealth..and most importantly, the one most important aspect that completes your wealth , is your family.
As to a job and starting a new biz, this is all in the mind & how you actually place them strategically to get your funds rolling in will depend on your own self.
I know people who lost their jobs for almost 4yrs, couldnt get 1 in the 1st 2 and was almost devastated by their self pity and low morale.....
But this bloke forgot, his wife works, still encourages him and never once looked down on him, his mother buys makan for him everyday for breakfast & lunch...not forgetting, the wife still puts 10bucks in his wallet everyday afraid he might need it for something.....fyi, his wife only draws 3k a month.....but why only he feel pity for himself?????
If you're so enterprising, try freelancing, it'll definitely pay more than being on a salary, of cos, that's if you really got the stuff......
My last piece of advise to you is something I've posted here thousands of times already & trust me, someone in your mental state should engrave it in your mind.....
什么都是死的,人是活的!
Take care my friend, you choose to lead your life, but life can never make you choose what you dun wanna......

ilurbu
20-06-2009, 01:52 AM
Bro DYBJ,

everything is hunky dory when you still have support. as you have described your guy who's down and out for 4 years, I heart goes out to him.

It'll be a test of the mettle once you're all alone. This I'm going through but you know what? I was told once that there's a saying, he who is pitiful, also has a hateful side of him.

Regardless of how pathetic we are, I believe we should stand up and battle on.

When the going gets tough, the tough has to get going.. as taken from a nice song..

Flinger2
20-06-2009, 01:53 AM
Bro,

I am not sure about your experience, but so far in my career life, I have been either cut /company close down / dept close down/ etc..etc.... like 4 times. This time around so far so good.

But every single time, I survived bro. Also, I work in a very niche field so its hard ot find a job here, but I eventually did somehow.

From all these, I learned that no matter what, you have to learn to be self -sufficient, plan and make sure that you are not at the mercy of any company, boss etc....

I am sure when all these passes, and it will pass, you will look and realize that you learned some lessons in life that will make you progress further.

Just don't lose heart....have confidence and trust your yourself. You will move ahead sooner or later.

Take Care Bro.

DO_YOU_BJ
20-06-2009, 02:12 AM
Hi, I can't read the golden rules, can you decipher them for me please. thank you. appreciate it.

The 4 Golden Rules in life:
1) 不要背叛自己>>Do not betray yourself
2) 不要出卖自己>>Do not sell out yourself
3)不要骗自己>>Do not lie to yourself
4)不要对不起自己>>Do not do things that you'll be sorry to yourself

DO_YOU_BJ
20-06-2009, 02:19 AM
Actually, in life, there're many instruments that affect our lives....
Some we can control, many we cant.
You can live within the system of things and thus, you'll always be in a fix of what's gonna happen next.
Or, you can live around it but not in the system.
You may not be in total control, but your mind rules your life.
Even as a collateral damage, it may not even affect you mentally.
Bro, being alone isnt all that bad, if you've got no excess baggage around ya, that's a BONUS!
Honestly, if all circumstances are equal, i'd rather be alone and left to my own devices to do wat i wanna rather than have excess baggage around me that i'll be very stressed out by just looking at them.
See now, how the unemployed man was blessed to have a supporting family behind him & you're also blessed wif no excess baggage to worry about.
That's why i say, everything is dead, we're alive.
There's always a silver lining, it's just whether you're MENTALLY CLEAR enuff to see it....

seoseo
20-06-2009, 02:30 AM

Similar to me tonight, once in a while, you get into that kind of mood.
I think almost everyone here goes through up and down in life. (Lucky those that never)

Because of my work, I meet a lot of people and I think lucky for me, I am the kind easy to make many friends. People who are successful, not successful, rich or poor, we all face up and downs. (Of course, in my view, with more money can solve many problems, though you will still face problem with money nonetheless)

I just find that a similar path or characteristic these people bear are, they work hard, of course work smart beyond that, they never give up in face of adversity.

While, I wouldn't say I am the most successful person around, I think I achieve what I wanted so far in my life. It always could be better isn't it?

Buy your first car in life, then we want more, perhaps that luxury car is next? After the luxury car, you want a supercar, and so on and so forth.

Does money alone makes you happy? I think it does not.

Actually, you are already wealthy. You have a girlfriend who helps you out, which means she think you're worth it to help. You have parents who still willing to help you out, which means you are good enough and they have not given up on you.

To me, it's wealth not everyone has. A lot of times, many people takes things for granted, our family is a given, however, they could be the best gift in life that you ever have.

I wish you luck. Hang in there for one can never be down in life, if you never give up. The moments will be tough but you are tougher than it is. Sink or float, it's in you. There are people who become rich during economic crisis, perhaps you could be one of them? An adversity, could be an opportunity.

ilurbu
20-06-2009, 02:39 AM
This is so cool. :)

out of town for so long, still brothers here are like super counselors.

I thank all who contributed tonight and let us move on now from our dreariness.

2:35am, and I'm completely recharged by fellow brothers here.. sibei 感动!

I sincerely thank all from the bottom of my heart..

This is most wonderful.. hehe.. young man here will look forward to sunshine and self love in the coming sequel of life!

Mucho Gracias to Bros DYBJ, AndyK, Flinger2, seoseo.. you guys make me smile.. do not feel pity nor sympathy for me for that will not help me stand up.

Let's rock and roll now!

mike1304k
20-06-2009, 11:19 AM

Hi TS,

Sori to hear about your unfortunate situation. It is true that the economy is not good and a lot of people are suffering out there. Though a lot of people still do not know or do not want to accept that fact and are acting like there is no tomolo.

One thing you can be proud of is that you have the support of your loved ones and also the ability to try and make money from other places. Kudos to you for that.

Always remember this... If you are sad about not being able to buy a shoe, think about the guy who has no legs to buy a shoe for.. I always think about this when I am down and remember that there are others who are in a worse situation than me. The uncle who has given his life to a company and now the company is bankrupt so he is out of work. He cannot find a job any where because of his age and he has no skills. He has to make do somehow or other. I saw this is Japan so often, guys who lose their jobs just wearing their suits everyday and walking to the park because they have nothing else to do and yet it feels so unnatural not to put on a suit and go out everyday.

No matter how low we get, we must hold our heads up high and tell ourselves, there is a tomorrow and as long as there is a tomorrow, there is a chance.

cqueen
20-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Many seek illumination

by lighting up a lamp,

when the true light

is within

lacoruna69
20-06-2009, 01:16 PM
This is what LIFE is all about. No wonder they say Sinkies are softies, little bit of hard times start to complain....Haiz.
Wake up, small boy.

fl saviour
20-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Life...what is life?
That makes you complete?
什么都是死的,人是活的!
wa low eh bo, si bay chim la the way u talk.. even me now low spirits cos no business now also start thinking over wat u say now.. kam sia kam sia ur words..tk gd care.. and wish all bros here gd luck and most importantly is happy bonking!

sammyboyfor
20-06-2009, 05:48 PM

It appears pretty obvious that you don't have a real interest in any of the above fields. :rolleyes:

You're not going to be successful in any of the above if your plans involve a "pot luck" approach. You have to be passionate about something before you have a hope in hell of making it a success.

lovemachine
20-06-2009, 05:50 PM
hi boss, its quite true but do note, not many people have a true passion.

its not easy. let him bump around and find out more about what he likes

and by the way boss you must be making hell a lot from sammyboy eh?

Gaofar
21-06-2009, 03:31 PM
I've been reading the thread earnestly as I have also been out of work for about 3 months before until recently have managed to find a job about a month ago..

It is indeed a trying time for me then as the initial phase it seems that I am in denial that I have problem and need to do something about it.. Couple of times I have broke down when I can't take in anymore and have even contemplating suicide..

Somehow, I manage to pull through and now, though the salary is not much and had a load of debts on my back, I have learn that it's a matter of your will power and determination, yet with a sense of sensibility to your plan. Fanciful ideas is great but must be viable. Till that end, I'm waiting till I've amassed a bit of savings first before trying out a new trade. Currently I'm also taking on another job just to supplement the first one so I can earn more.

Actually at my darkest hours yet, I've came across a statement from one of the post from one of our bros here (can't really remember, sorry) that truly inspires me: If the world wants me dead, they have better kill me right now. 'Cause should I manage to stand back up on my feet again, I'll make sure that I would not be back to this sorry state I was before again!

Just a question for those who started their own businesses: Is it true that you need passion for the trade you are in before you can make the company a success? Couldn't it be that due to market current and future demands you have a company that provide the needs, without the passion?

Cheers and regards, and Happy Father's Day to all!

m3a41617
21-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Dun be sad. life goes on. life is like a box of chocolate. you will never know when you will got it.. there up and down in life. once we are still alive there always opportunity.

Happy father day.

DO_YOU_BJ
21-06-2009, 04:54 PM
I do believe there's passion involved, but the passion is $$$$ driven.....
Realistic circumstances will make you throw your passion into the dustbin and do something with a higher $$$$$ yeild over passion.

D_Silver
21-06-2009, 07:13 PM
~snip~

Just a question for those who started their own businesses: Is it true that you need passion for the trade you are in before you can make the company a success? Couldn't it be that due to market current and future demands you have a company that provide the needs, without the passion?

There must be some passion. Passion to earn buttload of $$ from your business or passion to be successful (the $$ comes as a consequence to being successful) or passion to make your family as comfortable as you can, whatever it is, there must be something driving you.

Its true that passion may not be the only factor to determine if your business fails or succeeds, but its one hell of a motivator when you're going thru a rough patch.

lacoruna69
21-06-2009, 07:48 PM
It is indeed a trying time for me then as the initial phase it seems that I am in denial that I have problem and need to do something about it.. Couple of times I have broke down when I can't take in anymore and have even contemplating suicide..

Actually at my darkest hours yet, I've came across a statement from one of the post from one of our bros here (can't really remember, sorry) that truly inspires me: If the world wants me dead, they have better kill me right now. 'Cause should I manage to stand back up on my feet again, I'll make sure that I would not be back to this sorry state I was before again!

That statement is not from me, but I like it.
Another good one which always believed in :-
山穷水尽疑无路,柳暗花明又一村o 天无絶人之路o Bite the bullet and go through.
If it doesn't kill you; it's going to make you stronger!!

I had been though a rough patch before, wanted to jump down from flat, but I decided to stick with it and bite the bullet. Now, I'm even better than before.:D

DO_YOU_BJ
21-06-2009, 09:06 PM
The moral of the story is simple actually....
FACE IT...this lesson will make you only stronger...
Cos if it ever does happen again, you're already well equipped mentally to how to deal wif it.
Escapism or try to run from it, yeah, you may escape it, but the fear in you of it happening again will already freak you half out, worst, if it does happen again, chances are, you'll jump.....
This is life...again like i always say, choice.....
What you choose will determine the outcome......
Happy Father's Day to all you daddies out there

RPM2007
21-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Hi Bro,

Sorry bout your job loss. I know the feeling of being thrown out into the open sea without any safety net.

I'm in the same boat as you not only for the job loss but also teaching to get some income for the time being. Think on the bright side bro..20/hr will be for temporary...if you continue to teach soon u'll reach 50/hr and more then financial situation won't be so tight.

Always try to keep a positive mindset and stay away from any thoughts that can demoralize or bring you down bro. Times are bad but we have to tell ourselves..

whatever that doesn't kill us will makes us stronger bro!!!

Flinger2
22-06-2009, 01:23 AM

I haven't started a business, tried to a couple of times, but not possible.

Learned a couple of things. just my humble opinion.

1. You need passion for what you are doing in order to go through the tough times and long nights etc....

2. Passion for the trade is one thing, but you also need to be realistic and do whatever is necessary to survive and grow.

3. You might be the best in the business, but you might get the contract, as there are more factors than that.

regards .

Oceanlee
22-06-2009, 05:47 PM
There are 02 different issue here, 1 being raised by TS itself and the latter intertwined to coping with jobloss to being enterprenuer spirit.

Allow me to share abit and I will be as candid to this approach.

Jobless is how you look at it. You are at the mercy of the company or Management, but then out of JOB, do not mean you will SIT on benches.
I had experience that too either I FIRE you, or You FIRE me.
Never for a moment, I doubt about my motto " 走出去,就有路" - Do not build an unncessary boundary and limit yourself, but rather liberate your mind, coz it knows no bounds. (Be Pro-active) abit of AH Q mentality or Never say Die Attitude. I class it as 3 "A" :D and attitude is 1 of them.

Learn from those who are wise, and the failure of teachers which teaches you at each hurdle.
(needless to mentioned that you had the ability and acknowledge which is the basic for the job - next to this will be your attitude and commitment);)

As for TS, you need to understand you are at which juncture of life in terms of your career, lovelife and financial ability. I will look more into your career as priority. Where do you forseen yourself if you are employed again, are you ready to lead, or simply a engineer on the job for bread and butter ?
(if given yourself a 5 year plan in a company) with at least 3years> working experience. What is your own projection and VS the actual facts by comparison and career motivation.

Allow me to touch abit on "Freelance", I will provide 2 paths here. Upon you are employed, will you still carry on your moonlights? If yes, I will touch on it later part, If you say "No" to sideline, then where do you position yourself and your future?

(I do not know your background, but for starter or few years of experience you might want to think about "MENTORING")

I will touch on the subject of being enterprenuer and how you work on it at more later part. I believe we have folks here who would like to share something with us pertain to the "building your own business". ;)

That's all for now.
Cheers
OL

Panamera
22-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Yo Bro Gaofar,
things be all well with you again, I'm sure.
check your pm. Cheers. :)

ilurbu
24-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Thank you guys for all words given so far. I am in gratitude for real.

Since May, I've actually started out on a business and although it's real slow now, it does represent what I really like.

I'm quite intent on taking this to maturity and hope that all brothers who wished me well have similarly good tidings in your lives.

One of the Bros mentioned the possibility of mentoring, which sounds quite interesting to me. If it doesn't detract from my vocation, I'm definitely up for it.

Well wishes to all again!

kwaychup
24-06-2009, 06:08 PM
It appears pretty obvious that you don't have a real interest in any of the above fields. :rolleyes:

I also feel the same way as boss as you have certainly have alot of plans spanning very wide field. which of the plans that you have in mind which you actually like and have passion in? 1 of my partners for my FnB business has lots of plans as well. ranging from IS to solar powered technology.

Since May, I've actually started out on a business and although it's real slow now, it does represent what I really like.

Well i have venture in FnB business with 2 partners 2 yrs back then.
Due to most of us are unwilling to quit our regular job to commit full time into the business. it eventually failed after 2 yrs. as there's lots of problems from our supplier to our mode of operation. thus we just decided to call it a day after recouping 80% of our of initial capital.

from that, i realize that if you are really serious in doing your own business,
you really have to quit the current job just to focus on it. and you have to be quite prepare to take back nothing for up to 1 year.

but since you have been laid by your company. i think it would be a good time for you to focus on your business.

Oceanlee
30-06-2009, 06:57 PM
欢喜就好 - 陳雷 Chen Lei HUA HEE TIO HO

YouTube - ???? - ?? Chen Lei HUA HEE TIO HO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9qGmA5rHmc)

Sometime in life at certain stages, we might had such feel as the song. ;)
Not talking about "CHEONGING" if go cheong then must be merry n happy. :D

Cheers
OL

Thank you guys for all words given so far. I am in gratitude for real.

One of the Bros mentioned the possibility of mentoring, which sounds quite interesting to me. If it doesn't detract from my vocation, I'm definitely up for it.

goodpartner
03-07-2009, 11:48 PM
I will touch on the subject of being enterprenuer and how you work on it at more later part. I believe we have folks here who would like to share something with us pertain to the "building your own business". ;)

Bro OL, any next installment for the above? :)