PDA

View Full Version : Danok is very expensive compared to Bangkok and similar border towns in Vietnam and C

hermespan
05-11-2015, 08:24 PM
The system is strange here to this gwailo unfamiliar with Danok.

Keep in mind that I am an experienced punter. I've explored red zones and gotten laid in India, Madagascar, Bangladesh, Nepal, Cuba, Kenya, China, Burma, Vietnam etc. Usually with street hookers or brothel girls. I avoid nightclubs and pimps. Mama-sans OK.

I am an old man and as I don't have tesosterone coursing through my veins urging me on to have sex twice a day, if I don't get laid it's no big deal. I can watch a movie on Lotus Macau.

But I take it as a personal challenge to see if I can get blown by a petite beauty for under THB1500 (MYR180/USD42). That's 40% more than I usually pay elsewhere in Asia. I am quoted crazy high prices and the girls and the papa-sans see me walk away and they don't call me back. After four hours cruising the streets this afternoon and also (first) having my hotel driver introduce me to places he recommended for my tastes - I haven't found any suitable partners. I tipped him THB100 and kept the karaoke cards in case his commision was increasing the price too much.

Most places had gals too fat, too old or the best ones don't go with gwailo.

Three places that had women appealing to me, all take-out brothels
('Karaokes')

1. Over 15 very attractive gals. Two stunning, five slim and long legged. I am extremely fussy yet half the stable was mountable. All early 20s, I estimate.
Price: THB 2700 for two hours, THB4000 all-night. That is RMY480 / USD113!!!

2, Two gals. 1500 to 1800. Didn't ask the time limit. The one I liked had long limbs, a very cute face and we talked for 20 minutes joking around as the place was semi-open (no boss around) But she rejected my offer of 1500 and wouldn't make a counter offer. She said she was 20.

3. Petite but a bit ugly and probably over 24 years-of-age. 1500 short-time.

What is normal price for a 19 year old woman of average looks (face) but a perfect body?

This place reminds me of Riau islands 15 years ago, where the whole scene was underground, requiring male intermediaries. Like most farangs, I find this repulsive. I am happy to work in a business settings, but female management and go betweens please! Seems to be Muslim and Indian style here. Zero street scene where buyers meet sellers independently. Looking for something like the street scene of Geylang (Singapore) or the go-go bars of Bangkok, where everything is straightforward.

I had hoped that Danok was some oasis of 1990s tolerance to the sex trade that so far only Malaysian men were taking advantage of. My impression so far is - why bother? It is a hassle.

I saw a stunning 18ish Chinese beauty at one karaoke and sat to have a drink. Unlike Pattaya, no soda water is on offer - only Coke, beer and booze.The best looking youngest and freshest gals are BAIT, just like in Soi Cowboy. They don't go with customers! They pour drinks only. What a useless activity. I tipped the Chinese (from China) mama-san for saving me time. And I am not going into the luxury nightclubs to seduce a hooker with drinks, garlands and tips.

hermespan
06-11-2015, 12:18 AM
Looks like this forum doesn't have an active Danok discussion.

Found a girl and a house willing to do business with me but it wasn't good value. Pleasant papa-san. A lot of these guys are ethnic Chinese Malaysians. Is there a Malaysian mafia connection or are these individual entrepreneurs? I much prefer organized crime to police control. Sona Gachi in Calcutta turned to shit with that changing of the guard.

Price THB1500 for two hours with a 43 kilo Isarn (Lao) woman.

In a rest in between sessions I showed her some photos of a famous site where she said she was from and she didn't recognize them. So, she immediately volunteered that she was from Laos itself. She showed me the difference between Thai and Lao writing systems. I could have done without her using her phone in our time together but I suppose it is asking too much of a youngish Asian female to turn a device off.

Petite, plain, nice limbs, dyed hair, skin a bit dark (I could care less), hands and feet not very refined. Not an extra gram of fat without being skinny. Scarred from surgery? Good kisser, though more technical than affectionate and too much tongue action for me. Rather used tits like she's either nursed briefly or just is almost flat. I like small to medium tits on a woman. But there is a difference between small and shapely/firm and just plain small. Better that nipples not popped out but I am not going to get too demanding on areoles. So, she failed in the boobs department. But nice ass and legs - very important.

The mountain too forested for this lover of the desert.

Valiant attempts at a marathon blowjob and an eager learner of manual.

I expected her to cheat me, changing the terms from 2 hours to one shot. Instead she just shorted me 30 minutes after getting my permission to leave after a double session.

Co-operative and mostly pleasant is all I ask and she was both of these. She didn't have a prima dona complex that really pretty women do who are in high demand.

She asked for take-away drinks, and even pushed for a beer for the boss which I thought was going too far so I 'put my foot down' with a smile.

The only real disappointment was that I didn't fuck her. I refuse to ruin sex with latex and she was adamant. So, we did other things.

Not worth USD 42 = RMY180 (2 ringgit per minute) of total time spent together. Not counting transport. In Phnom Penh I could get this kind of 'girl' (says shes's 21, looks 23 to me) all night for this price. In Vietnam too. And more skilled. But she was no slouch in the cock-sucking department.

She wants to come again, but for a man who lived through UNTAC in the early 1990s in Cambodia, Chiang Mai lady-homes of 1989 and Krammat Kunggak and Dolley of 1995 - thus wasn't a deathbed experience by comparison.

Unless I do better tomorrow I'd say Bangkok is better.

hermespan
06-11-2015, 02:40 AM
Anyone know how to travel by bus from Bukit Kayu Hitam to Baling and onward to Betong border? Rome2Rio shows such a two-step bus journey of 3 hours plus connection time. Yet the Cepat Ekpres website does not show any such route.

This 3-nation route (Thailand to Malaysia to Thailand) could be significantly faster. However I loathe the attitude andactions of intercity bus drivers in Malaysia versus Thailand. The drivers in Thailand are normal, the drivers from almost all companies in Malaysia act like they have a chip on their shoulder. It is beneath them to help passengers with luggage, they operate the buses like they are captains of ships instead of employees of a transportation company, they take whatever route please them and all in all are not as professional as Thai intercity bus drivers). Even Puduraya as a whole has a vibe of a conspiracy between gangsters and political authorities. Very unlike TBS.

At first I thought it was a bhumiputra nuisance, but it's clearly not that sense of entitlement as drivers are Malay, Tamil and Chinese all.

I have no car of my own and am interested only in buses/minivans not car rental. IF it is efficient. Otherwise I will skip.

I have to be back in Had Yai next.

I want to compare Betong with Danok as no one has done so on Sammyboy.

Snuber
07-11-2015, 10:44 PM
If you checked google maps for the route from bkt kayu hitam to betong, there would be 3 routes. 2 of which will be within thailand, the 3rd would be Thai-MY-Thai, which would be the fastest route.

Being adventurous, I took the Thai only route, of which I doubt any tour bus would wanna go thru that route. About 25% would be through small villages, the other 25% would be via small winding mountainous route. Or perhaps they know another way. Minivan maybe....

But I was driving....

hermespan
08-11-2015, 11:50 AM
If you checked google maps for the route from bkt kayu hitam to betong, there would be 3 routes. 2 of which will be within thailand, the 3rd would be Thai-MY-Thai, which would be the fastest route.

Being adventurous, I took the Thai only route, of which I doubt any tour bus would wanna go thru that route. About 25% would be through small villages, the other 25% would be via small winding mountainous route. Or perhaps they know another way. Minivan maybe....

But I was driving....

Yes, I am aware of the routes. Even my Bahasa-speaking Malaysian friend couldn't get up to date lnfo on prices and schedule. Didn't want to waste a night in BKH or Baling so I went the Thailand only route. Took four hours from Hat Yai bus station neat Central Festival Mall. THB230. Weak AC just like minibuses on the Danok->Hat Yai route. Driver rather hyper or nervous, speeding, passing on corners, talking a lot.

Curious to see that Pattani is so Islamic. I counted the number of mosques/suraus vs. wats and the ratio was 17 to 3. Likewise, Muslim signs vs Buddhist signs - 11 to 7.

The population appears to be majority Muslim.

First province of Thailand where I saw *zero* animist spirit houses. Fear of shariah-inspired vandalism? Why the appeasement?

Roadblocks, from token to ones manned by gun-toting soldiers were 27 in number. Van was opened for inspection only once. 'Wanted' posters showed 80 young men the Thai police are looking for.

Pleasant stop on Kok Chang mountain town for WC and snacks.

The caffeine/Red Bull/ya-ba seemed to wear off and the driver became more normal at end of trip when he dropped off passengers wherever they wanted.

Minivan had comfortable seats and it departed with 3 seats empty. Very rare in my experience. It would have been even more comfortable if the driver travelled at something close to the speed limit.

But he did turn in my lost property to the company which I retrieved in the a.m. (so I tipped him generously).

After one night in Betong, I am not impressed. Why would Malaysian men come here instead of flying Air Asia to Bangkok? The sort-of go-go and karaoke clubs are noisy and dark. Soda water is 120 or 150 babt. And I was presented with a menu featuring sets (liquor?) starting at THB1300. And I haven't seen any attractive women - just chubby, ordinary looking ones and transvestites. If truth be told none could compete at Patpong. So, Betong seems to be a third-class sex destination. Maybe horny Malaysians living in Kedah are just glad to get laid at all, and within driving distance. I will be here another night.

Please offer some advise where the young beauties are!

Snuber
08-11-2015, 05:31 PM
In the other thread, it has been made known that Pattani, Yala which you travelled through, are Thai-Muslims majority. Due to the violence down south, the Thai army has been expanding their presence there. So that explains what you see.

Betong n Bkk is very different in terms of pace of life, costs, entertainment etc. So it will appeal to another group of people. If looking for young beauties, then I would suggest that you head straight to the capital

hermespan
08-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Actually, I *like* Betong. It has a certain well-worn charm,

But it is a poor destination for attractive sex partners. Every morning I see women leaving my hotel and I think 'you couldn't pay me...' and 'funny all the newspaper "journalists" reporting on what a hot destination this is missed this crucial point.'